A media release supported by Namibian civil society and international anti-corruption activists calling on,
- Samherji to submit to a process of reparation and remediation,
- Samherji’s international suppliers, customers, and business partners to review their arrangements with the Icelandic company,
- the Icelandic authorities to initiate criminal proceedings and take active steps to address corruption carried out by Icelandic citizens,
- the Namibian authorities to introduce further governance reform – particularly by amending the Marine Resources Act, which enabled Fishrot,
- international governments to take all available steps to ensure that proceeds of crime are not entering their economies through Samherji’s international investments made using proceeds of its Namibian business.